2015-45

ORDINANCE MAKING AN RE-APPROPRIATION IN THE TRANSIT DEPARTMENT TO PURCHASE ONE (1) BUS THROUGH ODOT PURCHASING PROGRAM FOR THE YEAR ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2015

WHEREAS, Council by previous Ordinance 2014-30 allowed the Service Director to participate in the Ohio Department of Transportation Purchasing Program; and

 

WHEREAS, production of Light Transit Vehicles typically can be 6-9 months, depending on production orders. Our LTV order, apparently, was not submitted to the manufacturer. The vendor guarantees 2014 pricing. ODOT confirms the grant is still secured, which represents 80% Federal funds or $62,560, while the remaining 20% local match, or $15,640 will come from remaining insurance funds from a previous bus fire.

 

BE IT ORDAINED by the Council of the City of Marion, Marion County, Ohio:

 

Section 1.     That there be an re-appropriation as follows:

 

Transit Department

 

Capital Equipment             501.5000.5304       $78,108.00

        

 

    Section 2.   This ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after the earliest period allowed by law.

 

 

 

                                                  ____________________________   

                                                  Dave Edwards

                                                  President of Council

 

Approved:

 

 

__________________________

Mayor Scott Schertzer

 

 

Attest;

 

 

___________________________

Clerk of Council